- 25g egg white powder (30g in humid areas or days)
- 150ml water
- 1 teaspoon cream tartar
- 1kg pure icing sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or preferred flavouring. Our preferred brand to use is Lorann Flavouring as they are concentrated and very little needs to be added meaning it does not affect the consistency of the icing.
- Sift icing sugar.
- Mix egg white powder with the pure icing sugar.
- Add liquids and beat on a medium to high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Store in an airtight container, out of the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Before use:
- Add gel colour to create the colour you require.
- Add additional water in small quantities to create the consistency you need to either pipe, paint or flood.
Black Royal Icing
We suggest you create a brown colour first and then add black. The reason for this is black colouring sometimes has a funny taste and by doing this you avoid using as much black colouring.
Red Royal Icing
We suggest you use a pink gel colour first to create pink and then add red colouring. The reason for this is red colouring sometimes has a funny taste and by doing this you avoid using as much red colouring.